When I was growing up in NC, about once a month, my dad took us to Fred Barnes barber shop. It was a little shed-like structure and to this day I can smell it. Fred had no concept of hygiene and the cut and discarded hair stayed on the floor or wherever it fell for days, maybe weeks.
White House Scandals
Email From Reader:
What do you think of all these Obama scandals? Benghazi, IRS targeting of
conservative non-profit groups, monitoring reporter phone calls. Are you going to write about it?
A VietVet Reunion
At a VietVet reunion, when a group of old warriors gather, it’s hard to know what will come out of it. Have we heard all the war stories? No, never, even if the same ones are told with a different slant. Here’s one that 3rd Platoon, Delta Company, 1/501st Airborne Infantry, 101st Airborne Division, told with a new purpose. At the latest gathering, we had a special visitor, Jimmy Stevens, the brother of one of our guys, Danny,killed in one of the longest battles of the Vietnam war.
More on Danny Lynn Stevens
- Commentary on a young women's ten year struggle with breast cancer and her beloved memory.
(We all did love Rosie. A gift to our lives - her courage and strength matter to us all.-Anonymous)
- A Mom's thoughts on life while raising two young children
- Commentary on Politics, Religion, Life,etc
- Commentary based on conversations with a group of friends(guys) that meet for breakfast
- Commentary based on war experience as a chaplain in Vietnam
- Commentary on San Francisco,
- Commentary on Why we should have some type of National Service
- Commentary on the difficulty of publishers and Writers
- Commentary and stories shared among classmates
- Commentary on Iraq and Afghanistan from 2002
- Commentary on Politics from 2003
- Commentary on daily life, short stories from 2001
- Commentary on events in the news from 2002
- Commentary on the Draft from 2002
- Short Shories, books, articles, contributed by friends of the webzine